A policy change. That’s how it all got started. One day in 2001 the director of IT at the U.S. House of Representatives decided to allow private firms to host websites for Members of Congress. DotGov was born the next day. With decades of experience on Capitol Hill, the team at DotGov decided to help Members leverage innovative technologies to better communicate with constituents. That was nineteen years ago.
For nineteen years, DotGov Communications™ (DotGov) has provided elected officials and government offices with cutting-edge communications and technology solutions. Founded in 2001 by technology experts, DotGov connects elected officials and government offices with their constituents and citizens by leveraging our employees’ decades of experience on Capitol Hill and in public affairs and technology firms.
Whether we provide a single service or a fully-integrated suite of communications services, clients receive objective performance metrics that provide a demonstrable return on their communications investment. We deliver results and unparalleled service, and we do it by staying well ahead of the technology curve.
Let’s engage your audience!
We are a team of dedicated professionals who have been at the forefront of developing and leveraging cutting-edge technologies on behalf of our clients. Over the last 18 years, we’ve made many firsts on Capitol Hill, including:
- First private firm to host websites on Capitol Hill
- First Capitol Hill web host to provide web content management, including a web-based editing tool
- First firm to provide Capitol Hill HTML-formatted eNewsletters
- First firm to provide tool to create direct links to bills
- First firm to provide tool to create Section 508 data tables
- First firm to provide email a page capability
- First firm to host citizen forms, which automatically used XML messaging standard to update CRM
- First firm to provide legislative staff with online “Dear Colleague” with online sign-on forms and tracking
- First firm to provide RSS newsfeed capability to Hill offices
Since 2001, our mission has been to help our clients meet their communications objectives in the most effective and cost-efficient manner possible. Often this requires leveraging new technologies. For more than a decade our mission has remained the same. We are committed to staying on the leading edge of innovation and we value our clients for their insights and expertise.
What drives our innovation — and has for more than 16 years — is our passion for delivering innovative solutions for making democracy work. We’re absolutely committed to helping public officials and government organizations communicate with constituents and citizens. It’s what we do. It’s all we do.
Our passion for making government work better has resulted in the development of our DigiFrank™ solution, the first fully-integrated franking solution and our CivicApp™, the first subscription-based constituent services mobile app for public officials and government organizations at the federal, state, and local levels.